Project management support
Project Managers require support in certain specific areas to assist them in decision-making, while ensuring perfect project management.
With 50 years of experience, the M&G Group works with you in 3 key expert areas of project management:
- operations management
- project engineering
Planning is one of the essential stages in the process of construction projects.Planning is one of the essential stages in the process of construction projects.
Only solid and relevant planning will ensure the project manager achieves the quality of the planned construction, whatever the financial arrangements used to carry out the project. Our planners will provide you with their expertise identifying the needs of the users, then translating these into organisational and functional blueprints.
Our approach to construction and renovation is to introduce the planner to the operations team right from the start, thereby ensuring the best understanding of the project, thus enabling it to be completed rapidly and in accordance with the initial requirements.
Our areas of planning intervention:
- Building management blueprints and strategic planning
- Pre-planning studies
- Feasibility studies (pre-plan)
- Functional and technically detailed planning
- Project Manager support during the consultation process
- Suitability studies: analysis of projects during tender process, APS, (Preliminary Design), APD (Detailed Design) and PRO (Construction Design)
As operation management professionals, the M&G Group embraces the concept of the common good inherent to the project manager’s work.
During the whole operation, our aim is to optimise the use of your resources, matching your needs with that of the finished building, as well as the management and optimisation of the delivery schedules.
Our areas of operations management include:
- Support for operations management and the definition of pre-operational studies: analysis of objectives and needs, provisional operation schedule, estimated financial budget, drafting of the project specifications etc.
- Support for defining the initial plan: data collection, needs analysis, scenario planning, and definition of technical requirements…
- Support for the design phase: implementation and post-project tender follow up, including intellectual property service providers, validation of the correct roll-out of architectural plans, thereby enabling final selection of participant companies…
- Support for the delivery phase: verification of the work progress , risk-management, adherence to schedule etc.
- Support for the delivery and commissioning stage: proposition for extending warranty timescale, declaration of definitive construction costs to the « project-compensation » insurer, warranty and insurance claims processing….
Our engineers manage the projects entrusted to them work in close partnership with the project architect:
- They take part in the technical engineering design of the projects.
- They complete the technical and regulatory design based on the plan defined at the outset.
- They establish the pre-project elements to then participate in the consultations with companies.
- They ensure follow up and implementation of the works within budgets and on time.
Collaborative project management, integrating the BIM model.
Our work regularly involves various partners (architects, equipment suppliers, acoustic engineers etc). This is the very reason why we use a BIM collaborative model to manage our projects.
It is an interoperable tool which enables all the building project stakeholders to design the project by enhancing it with their own information, to construct it and maintain it by using these tools.
It helps create a shared model, a veritable revolution in the world of building construction, creating connections among the various professions.
The proven expertise of the M&G Group in terms of public infrastructures won it this tender. The M&G Group’s team, since 2012 ,has assisted the municipality of Troville-sur-Mer in the consultation and coordination of the project to manage access to the Casino as well as Project Management Support in the construction and operation of the new 266 space carpark located in the town centre.
- The M&G Group advised and assisted the municipality team in each stage of this Public Service Concession.
- Definition of the project specifications.
- Organisation of the consultation on a European level.
- Assisting the teams in choosing the operator.
- Drafting the DSP contract.
- Determining the conditions for operating the carpark.
Acting as consultants, technical experts, mediators, arbitrators and negotiators; the M&G Group works for the interests of the town.